Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Real World is Hard!

Remember when you were that little girl who used to live inside your head? You used to sit upon hours playing with your dolls, and acted like magical fairies surrounded you giving you powers?

Well I do.

I miss being a child sometimes. I feel like life had a simplicity that it doesn't have now. Maybe as we grow up, we are robbed of this childish innocence that I miss so deeply.

All I know is, the real world is hard.

I'm trying to make a life, a successful one of that, and it's hard! I graduated from the University of Utah in the summer of 2011 with a B.S. Degree in Human Development and Family Studies with an Emphasis in Early Elementary Education. All I've ever wanted to do with my life is become a teacher. I love children, everything about them and the way their minds work! I wanted to help influence them. But I'm not sure what I thought would happen right out of college. I guess I thought private schools would be welcoming me with open arms or something...it isn't so. Instead, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't push myself further to gain a teaching license so I could teach at public schools. Eventually I always knew I wanted to further my education gaining a Master's Degree, but I don't understand why I didn't take the initiative to finish this process out while I had the chance.

I try my hardest to feel love and gratitude, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I feel lost. I've applied in the month of January alone, to 20 different schools, Montessori's included. Yes, I've heard back from a few, but it's not what I want. I'm not trying to be selfish, but I do have a college degree and would like to apply those 5 years of hard, hard work, to what I truly want to do and accomplish in life.

There is one private school I did some teaching at when I was still in school, and I absolutely fell in love with it. The preschoolers were so much more developed than compared to the kindergarten class in a public school I observed. They were so hands-on. I had hoped to get a job there in the future, but I'm not sure if that'll work out now. The hardest part is that I'm going into this at a bad time. ALL BAD TIMING. The school year is going into spring, and they already have their teachers...I guess in the meantime, I can send them Cover Letters & resumes so they can have me on file. I can keep trying before school ends and when the summer 2012 begins. Hopefully, I can gain a successful job for the 2012-2013 school year.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and hoping for the best! I won't give up. If the last two years have taught me anything, is that through adversity you never give up. Instead, you fight for what you want and with that, I am determined to get the teaching job I want.

But what about on the side? It's no surprise that I love writing. Ever since I was five I loved to write! I'm actually taking a writing class right now on the side for my own enjoyment. Writing got me through some dark times, and I realized how much I would love to share my work with others, especially children. So I won't give up on writing either. It will always be my project on the side as well. And hopefully someday I could publish my work AND teach! How amazing would that be to have my own books, in my OWN classroom? Pretty amazing. Words wouldn't even be able to express how amazing it would be.

I also have a lot of friends who take their hobbies, and indulge on them. My one friend makes jewelry and it's so beautiful and unique! She has made quite the profit from it! Another makes clothes, another art, another crafts. I was wondering what I could make--because I'm extremely creative always have been always will be--that I could share with others and maybe help bring in some money?

Any ideas?

I just completely re-did my blog! I'm loving it :) It's very "lovey-dovey" how romantic eh?? If you are new to my blog, you'll see {About Me} {Contact} {Follow Me} etc. on the sides (also directly just put the links as well in this post).These are all links, as well as The Written Blog button for my other blog. Click on any of these to get to know me a little better, or if you go to the Contact button, you'll be able to see my: email, Twitter, and Pinterest sites. So please check it out! I'd love to get to know you all so much better.

Also, on my TO-DO list, I'm going to make a link under my {Friends} page (still working on), with all of my favorite friends on Blogger. You know the ones...that commented even when you wrote nothing exciting, the bloggers who gave you a chance when your blog looked awful and you had 3 followers. There have been some that have stuck it out with me since the beginning, and some new favorites that make me smile. Those lovely people need to be recognized...so stay posted my friends!!

I'd like to have a blogger guest post one of these days as well. I'm looking for someone who has advice on love, or something that can contribute to February (love month) in some unique way. If you are interested, please, please, contact me! You'd be my first guest post ever!!

Well Happy Wednesday everyone!! I need to go work on my short story for my writing class tonight. I'll tell you how it goes later!

xo.

7 comments:

  1. It'll get better, kid. I fought for a few years with finding the right job before I finally went back to school and got a law degree. I've had it for a month now, taking the bar in three weeks, and I still haven't found a job. I'm bartending now, and I definitely don't want to keep doing that. I completely feel you on all of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so frustrating! I really hope you find a job that you love! And soon! Also, I am loving the new blog design. February is such a fun month! And I think one of your hobbies is definitely writing. Your blog is always fun to read! As for other hobby things to do I would say just go on Pinterest and find something that looks fun to make! You could become a pro at making clothes or accessories or refurbishing stuff! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am really sorry to hear that love.
    But you know what? i am really proud
    of you... you did it! you went out
    there finished your education and
    got a degree. Not many people can
    say that and you have a whole life
    ahead of you. Don't give up and
    put your head up. Something will come
    up in the future, God will send it
    your way when its the right time ok?


    Love ya !


    xoxo
    Melina ♥
    www.onlyaflightaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness.... YESSSS! I think all the time how I was a crazy little girl to be wishing time away until I could be an adult. I'd love to have that simplicity and innocence back in my life!
    So sorry the job hunt is not going so well :( I'll be rating for you! But I just know that you will get the PERFECT job before you know it! You're going to be an amazing teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a student who's just about to graduate college, let me say..I feel ya!! Times are rough, but I love what you said about adversity, "through adversity you never give up." Wise words my friend. Those schools don't even know what they're missing out on..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was JUST thinking about this! How I miss being a kid and having not a care in the world!

    If only! Not to say that I don't love life but working is never fun! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is adorable.
    We MUST be friends. I just saw your Utes hat and it solidified that I absolutely love love love you already!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and giving me the encouragement you did. I appreciate it.

    You're adorable xo.

    ReplyDelete