Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

AH!!! Crap. I haven't written in so long. Yikes-a-bee hehe.

I missed the ending of Feb, (leap year), first day of March. Well at least I won't forget to say:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS 
 Some of my favorite quotes have been by this genius man:
My all time favorite
Other favorite quote!
I seriously grew up with Dr. Seuss. I've read every single book, watched the movies (need to see the Lorlax), and have been inspired him to follow my dreams of becoming an author. I was going to say writer, but I already am one. He showed us it was okay to live in a fantasy world of make-believe and creativity, that we grow up too fast, and that to follow our dreams...we need to imagine them! He took us into those wacky-crazy, beautiful, colorful world of rhyming and stories that will live in our hearts forever. Anytime I get writer's block, I actually will read a Dr. Seuss book! It's like therapy for a writer. You can't think too much into it, you go with the flow, and just enjoy that wild ride. After, I feel refreshed again and remember who I'm writing for: children. Well...children, teens, YA (you get it).

I wanted to post about my trip to Sun Valley, and some of the struggles I've faced and what this weekend means...but I think I'll wait till tomorrow to do that. Today it's Dr. Seuss' birthday and I want to truly focus on that. But I will say that this weekend is also my step-father Greg's birthday, and we are going to celebrate his b-day tonight even though it's Sunday. I'm going to wait though, and talk about it then, and have the whole post be dedicated to him, as this one is dedicated to my author-idol ;) 

So what was it everyone? What was your favorite book by Dr. Seuss? What is your favorite quote? Do please do share!!!

Happy Friday folks!! 

4 comments:

  1. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I can't wait to read Dr. Seuss books to my little ones! He is the best!! :] And I love your blog layout all changed up for March! So cute!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! Such gorgeous collection of Dr. Seuss quotes! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind. Best quote ever!
    Thanks for the complement on my blog. Your blog is pretty darn cute too! Following you now <3 I'm looking for guest posters and was wondering if you would be interested? If so please email me at brittany.sommer@yahoo.com Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete