Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Key To Happiness

What is the "Key To Happiness" you ask? Well I'll tell you right now, but first, think to yourself - right now, are you happy? 
The answer should be clear in that moment as to whether you are truly happy or not. Sometimes life creates barriers, but it's how we handle them that we learn and get through adversity. I've had my fair shares of unhappy barriers, but I'm now on a path of true happiness. I'm not saying it isn't a process, because every single day it is, but I'm trying, and that's a hell of a lot better than not trying at all!
So what is the magic secret you ask? Well it all has to do with two words that have a huge meaning, and really, they go hand in hand. So what are they you ask?
  • GRATITUDE
  • LOVE
DO YOU START EVERYDAY WITH GRATITUDE?
I saw this and thought it was such a good idea! I'm keeping a Gratitude Journal as well after starting to read The Magic, but I like this. It helps sum up everything you should be grateful for in a year...plus it's rather cute!
If you don't live a life of gratitude, you need to change that as soon as possible. Seriously, do it now! I have. Even in the worst, negative, aspect of your life, you can find happiness in that. 
What don't you have to be thankful for? 
  • Can you walk? 
  • Can you see? 
  • Can you feel? 
  • Can you breathe? 
  • Can you taste?
  • Can you smell? 
  • Can you move your arms? 
  • Do you live in a house?
  • Do you have a car? 
  • Do you have an education?
  • Do you have a job?
  • Do you have a great family?
  • Do you have good friends? 
  • Do you have someone you love and loves you back? 
  • Are you surrounded by children?
  • Are you doing what you love to do? 
These are just a few, of the billion reasons we have to be thankful. If you have time, I encourage you to write your own list. 
For 28 Days I'm trying to find the own magic in my life by showing gratitude each day. Mind you, it can be difficult, but it's worth it. Every day when I get up, I write 10 things I'm grateful for. They have to be different each day. You might think it difficult, but when you stop and think about all your blessings, you could write something each day till the day you died! 

You also get a gratitude stone, and before bed each night, you play the day over in your head and pick out the best thing that happened that day and say "Thank You."
Give to others. When you do, you feel better. Have you ever done community service? It makes you feel amazing! Even if you just give a gift to someone, or smile and say hello. It's the little things that count in life that make such a big difference. 
I'm on day 6 - just 6, and I have to tell you, I already feel better, especially in my relationships and just my mood. You cannot show gratitude and be negative at the same time. It doesn't work that way. 

Make a little list about the people in your life. NOTICE the good things about them, not the bad, or the things you wish you could change in them. They are in your life for a reason, and it's time to start recognizing the things that you love about that person and the many things they do for you everyday. 

We should live everyday to the fullest, and I know we can find something happy in everyday...for why shouldn't we? We all have a purpose and it's time we start living our dreams! 

Don't worry. Be happy.
LOVE EVERYTHING!!!
LAUGH AND FIND THE JOY IN EVERYDAY 
I love this last one the most :)
So open your heart to gratitude, love, and giving - I promise you if you do, you'll find "the key to happiness," and we want to be happy. We want to feel that joy every single day. If you can change your life around, others will see it as well, and who doesn't want to be around someone who brightens up their day? Life will become miraculous and beautiful in every aspect. Even if we can't change the bad things in life, there should be more {good} than {bad}. That's something I really realized. That's what changed me for the better. And that's what I'm working on each day. 

This is my life and my story. I'm not wasting one more second of it. 

Thank you for listening! I'm grateful for all of you :) Have a happy day!

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog, I love your personality, and I love your posts but I have to disagree with this one. I agree there is happiness and joy in giving and being grateful but the only way to be truly happy is if you have the Lord. When you look to yourself you'll find what seems like "happiness" is not really happiness, the real explanation to happiness is the Lord Jesus Christ. Maybe you meant to say this and if so awesome, not trying to cause controversy :)

    love you!

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THIS! So many good quotes and good things to think about! :] There are seriously so many things that clutter up our lives and make it hard to find happiness but gratitude and love are definitely the way to go! I love the one that says to give more and expect less. I think that's super good advice--hard to follow at times but definitely good advice! Haha. Happiness is definitely an everyday process but the good days make it so so worth it!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! You're too preshusshhh :) I miss chatting with you, hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love LOVE this post! This is the motto of my life right now, if you're not happy, do something about it! We are all the only ones in control of our happiness, and it's up to us to go out there and get us some happy. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! I love this! So much joy in all of that! Thank you sharing- I'd say this girl's day looks happier! :-D

    ReplyDelete

  6. ooh...I really like your blog! Wonderful post;)

    I am doing a survey of bloggers, and I want to ask you a couple of questions.)
    1.) How old are you?
    2.) How old is your blog?
    3.) Why you created a blog?
    4.) How long you plan to carry it?

    In the earlier, thanks!

    ReplyDelete