Monday, March 26, 2012

A Weekend of Clarity

So I think certain days can be good and bad obviously. This weekend had some of those days. But besides the weather going crazy today, I'm feeling good!!!

Hunger Games night was awesome!! Went with the group and we seriously had a wonderful time. But I'm sorry, Tweens can be so annoying! We don't need to scream and kick seats every two seconds. I saw The Hunger Games again for the second time yesterday, and it was so calm and relaxing...not sure how many of these midnight premieres I can go to anymore! And I'm sorry, but I'm not excited for The Host. I couldn't stand that book...couldn't even get into the book, and believe me I tried. But I am excited about The Avengers :) So what did you all think about The Hunger Games? I LOVED IT. What made the movie so epic in my opinion? Katniss aka Jennifer Lawrence.
How beautiful is she?? Wow! 
 I could feel her emotions in every scene. She's an incredible actress. Yes, the movie changed some things from the book, oh well! Seriously, they stuck so close to the book even keeping a lot of the same lines. Suzanne Collins helped write the screenplay, so obviously the author was okay with how it went. People need to realize, in my opinion, a lot of the times they aren't going to be exactly like the book...that's how it is. I agree that they should never add stuff, but sometimes they need to take things out. Like I know people were mad how Katniss got her Mockingjay pin, but it wouldn't wasted so much time adding some character who is in it for about 5 minutes. It actually seemed better that way in my opinion. Peeta, aka Josh, is a very good actor too, loved Effie, Haymitch, and Cinna (Lenny mmm). Overall, wonderful, and yes I did cry when Rue died.
Loved their "fire" costumes!
We can talk more about that later though, or I might go in-depth on my writing blog about the book. I'm sorry if you disagree, please do! I like hearing others opinions!! Makes life interesting.

Saturday my step-mom had a "Trunk Show" at her interior design cottage Ins and Outs Design. She's selling these bracelets called the Lily and Laura Bracelets! I absolutely love them!
 I have about four of them, and every time she gets a shipment, I'm going to get more! They're perfect for spring and summer too; great colors!! And women make them in Nepal and money actually goes to the children, which is awesome!

After that, I went to 'Bout Time, with my friend and boy, and we watched the Ohio State basketball game!! Great game!! And great appetizers if I do say so myself.
My dress is from Nordstroms and I absolutely love it! Hard to see though. 
Then the rest of the night there was drama, and blah. I really am over bars. Maybe it's because of my age, or what not, but I like to casually have a glass of wine, or a beer (when watching game). But sometimes the "bar atmosphere" is not the greatest place, in my opinion. So I am trying to think of something fun to do for my birthday that is May 12. I was thinking maybe a BBQ, or going to St. George. Stuff like that.

But when I say a weekend of clarity, I mean sometimes, and certain situations in life, you truly realize the people you want in your life. This doesn't always have to be friends, it can be family too, which can seriously shatter you. I've been through a lot these past years, and I've really realized, even now, who is a true friend, and a person that I want in my life. I realize the toxic people that add more harm than good to your life as well. It's hard to cut them out, but sometimes it's mandatory to live a healthy and happy life. I am beyond grateful for the people who have always been there, always been supportive. We all make mistakes, but it's nice to see who will be by your side, and who won't. Who will accept you for what you are, and who will judge you and turn their back on you when you need them the most. Interesting. Hard. But it's life.
Least I can post this picture of my cat, Lucky, who's "meowing" for the picture...hilarious:
He's such a goof. 
When I was getting cake bites for the Trunk Show, my mom and I went past Petco and it was "adopt" day. So we went in, and ahh, just breaks my heart. The full grown cats, and big dogs...they just look so sad. My mom surprised me because she wanted to buy one, but I reminded her that she always says, we can't keep in the house, and we haven't done any research. But I wish I could give them all a home. Hopefully soon I can get one!!

Well, this cloudy rainy/snowy day, makes me want to curl up and read a good book, but I think I'm going to get out of the house for a while. Have a great Monday everyone!! xo.

5 comments:

  1. I can't see much of your dress but from what I can see I love it! And your hair looks gorgeous! Also, I LOVED the movie even though some things were changed. I think they did a great job! :] And it was SO emotional when Rue died! I can't wait to go see it again! Anyway, I loved the weekend update!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved the movie and I agree with you about the mockingjay pin. At first I was frustrated, but it definitely made sense after I thought about it! I hope you have a great week full of no drama :) Such a waste of time!
    xo -Bo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bracelets ARE stellar. I need 8, at least. Ok.... maybe 10 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for visiting my blog! And leaving such lovely comments :) I'm now following you! Great blog, totally love it! Those bracelets are sweet! Have you ever thought about taking orders here on your blog for those bracelest? I would totally buy a bunch from you lol ;)

    Sam*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks for stopping by and your sweet comments!
    I'm sorry to say I do disagree with your Hunger Games review, but respectfully...
    Knowing that there's more to the Mockingjay pin coming in later books is why it bothers me that she just "found it" at the Hob... The fact that she wasn't in the audience when Peeta confesses his love and they don't see her reaction bothered me. Also the part with them in the cave was way too short and you don't get to feel any of the emotions or connections they have. In the book she's asking him about when he first noticed her, in the movie she's telling him to be quiet.... There's a lot more that I could comment on like the rabbit stew meal, the sleeping potion, him taking care of her, etc...but I'll stop. I felt like the movie as a whole lacked drama...
    Sorry, I'm ranting. *embarrassed* :/

    ReplyDelete