Friday, April 27, 2012

1 Year Ago Yesterday

Yesterday, was definitely a bittersweet day for me. It was officially the one-year mark of Greg's passing from the horrific disease: ALS also known as Lou Gherig's disease. I do miss him everyday, and everyone called and texted with thoughts and prayers, but I felt somewhat at peace yesterday. I didn't mourn as much as I thought I would...same with my mom. Mainly, because I do feel something for him every single day. I didn't just bottle up my feelings at feel it all yesterday. But my mom and I spent the day together and went to lunch at Citrus Grill, then his grave. It was supposed to be bad weather, but it was beautiful when we went to the graveyard. Then again, it poured late last night, but I love falling asleep to rain.
But something exciting did happen yesterday, there is a television show in Utah called The Daily Dish, and my step-mom Kim was on it yesterday talking about Accessorizing Your Home! And guess who joined her at the ABC Channel 4 News Station - The CW 30?? Um yup, little ole' me! It was so awesome to see everything behind the scenes!! I got to sit in the audience, talk to the hosts and guests and just take pictures. So fun!
Check out that link! It shows her video segment and states what she does :) Felt like celebrities. Here are the pictures from being at the studio. 
 So very awesome!! It was cool to, because the cute host Breanne's family was there and she not only announced she was pregnant, but it was a girl!! So they did a whole segment on that. It was so fun.

Kim did talk about the Pink Party she's having next Saturday, May 5th. 10% of proceeds will be donated to Susan G. Komen "Race for the Cure." So if you live in Utah, stop by the Ins and Outs Cottage and get accessories for your house, or the Lily and Laura Bracelets! I love those bracelets btw, I have 10 now :)
I'm excited for this weekend! It's my favorite twins birthday BBQ tomorrow, so I've been looking at recipes trying to decide what kind of cookies I want to make. But I think it will involve Cake Batter Cookies/Funfetti Cookies. I couldn't stop looking at what I've "pinned" on my Pinterest under Sweet Tooth.

I definitely want to start cooking different recipes weekly! I've decided I need to get better at cooking, not that I'm bad at it, I just don't do it often. Might want to change that before I get married someday ;)

Sunday I'm going on a hike again with Will's awesome dogs Shane and Lucy, and then a Bees Baseball game double date! Cannot wait to eat a hot dog haha...especially at the ballpark.

It's exciting, on a final note, today I'm turning in EVERYTHING to Westminster College to apply for the Montessori Certification Program and to obtain my Master of Education Degree!! Ah. So nerve-racking, but I think the odds are in my favor to be honest. I just have so many good feelings when it comes to this. And yesterday I got my last recommendation and it was a teacher that I did student teaching with. So that's great :)

Anyways, HAPPY FRIDAY! I hope you all have such a wonderful weekend. xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment