Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter 2012

Happy Easter to you all!! 
BUNNY TIME:
First of all, how cute are bunnies? I want one!
Today is a wonderful day for families! I feel special, because I have two Easters. To me, this is "American Easter" where we have brunch (dad's family), Easter egg hunts, baskets, eggs with chocolates and money, etc. But next week, is Holy Week, and Greek Easter. That is a very religious holiday in my religion that hasn't been changed since the time of Christ. Today is actually Palm Sunday! 
This marks Jesus entry into Jerusalem; palm branches were placed in his path. 
This starts Holy Week in the Greek Orthodox Religion. 
I love Greek Easter, because I feel that is when my faith is at it's strongest. I remember why Jesus died for us upon the cross and I feel blessed, and grateful. We must never forget. 

But American Easter is always so much fun! I love getting all dressed up in my Sunday best and today we are going to Market Street! They are known for their sea-food, but I just want french toast and bacon :) Yes, I do. I'll be healthy tomorrow! 

The Easter Bunny came and visited me too!! Aw, how nice :) Look at all those goodies! (My mom is adorable)
I cannot wait to be a mom some day, and do these little surprises for my children, as well as an Easter egg hunt!! I lived for this stuff when I was little. It was magical. 
Something else I love doing is...dying eggs!!! If both Easters fall on the same day, I do it a week before, but we are having Greek Easter at my house this year, so we'll be dying all the eggs this week!! We do the standard colors and I try to make it unique, but look at these cute eggs:
Cake Pop Eggs!
Cute Egg Wreath!
Well Happy Easter everyone! May your day be filled with joy and love. 
xo.

PS: I have more Instagram pictures I want to share:
Okay, now that's the end of the post :)

6 comments:

  1. Where are you from?
    Welcome to an American Easter :) it'll change your life! Haha.
    xo,
    Sierra
    Oh, Just Living the Dream
    sierraainge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you from?
    Welcome to an American Easter :) it'll change your life! Haha.
    xo,
    Sierra
    Oh, Just Living the Dream
    sierraainge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter, sweet friend!
    BOTH of your Easter celebrations sound AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to YOU! How neat that you have TWO Easter celebrations...American and Greek Orthodox! It's important to always remember the true reason for this beautiful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy easter, I like your site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great basket full of goodies! I love makeing baskets for people! sweet and lovely post!

    sam*

    ReplyDelete