Thursday, August 2, 2012

8 Weeks Done!

Tomorrow will officially be my last day of summer school at the Montessori Innovation at Westminster College. It has seriously been so amazingly wonderful, yet so time consuming. I haven't had much of a summer, but I met so many wonderful people who I know I'll stay in touch with forever, and met so many amazing and talented professors from around the USA! The Montessori materials are breathtaking and you can see why children in Montessori schools have such high success rate when it comes to education. This program at Westminster is just getting started, and it's so great for the state of Utah!

It's been a long 8 weeks...but we did it! It doesn't end here for me though. I did get a job at Dancing Moose Montessori as an Early Childhood Co-teacher! I can't wait to finally teach what I've been learning all these weeks. I know I'll grow from here and hopefully be a lead teacher by next fall 2013! I still have more classes and meetings throughout the year with this program, and then next summer I take a few more classes for my Master's Degree in Education.

Everything is falling into place and it's been wonderful. Here is a picture of me and the Early Childhood students. There are a lot of students in the Elementary classes that I've spent weeks with as well, but these are my girls. The ones that have been by my side through this entire process:
This was my favorite week: Sensorial, with the greatest teacher from Florida! Loved her. Such great energy. 
Here is a glimpse of my EC classroom that we spent most of our time watching presentations and practicing with the materials. This room, with all the materials, most likely cost $10,000! Everything was brand new. Amazing. 
I can't believe it's ending, but I'm thankful to have two weeks of summer at least, and to say I did it. I went an entire year feeling lost after graduating college, and now I found my path. Everything fell into place for me and I'm so thankful and blessed.

I'm proud of myself and my Crew. Good job girls! We did it.

3 comments:

  1. You smart girl!! The dancing moose? I like the sound of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, Jessica. I'm excited for you. Thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!

    Oh man, Utah. That state houses my best friend. So, I have a bit of a soft spot for it.

    ReplyDelete