Thursday, August 16, 2012

DMMS


I start Co-teaching on Monday! I cannot wait; finally I get to do what I love. No, I'm not a lead in the Montessori classroom just yet, but that's okay, I enjoy gaining more experience and knowledge on my journey. Dancing Moose Montessori is a part of my path, and I'm so thankful to this school. They helped me find out about the Montessori Program that was so new to Westminster College. It's so exciting. Plus, it's a beautiful school located next to a country club! WOW.

Here are some pictures of my new school:

We get a chef at our school :)
Huge community garden! Isn't this part cute? Giant Moose :)
 I love what Dr. Joyce Sibbitt writes about the school: "Montessori education focuses on the whole child. It involves sound educational practices that build upon a child's knowledge with activities that are interesting and engaging. Children learn to approach learning creatively, observing their surroundings in ways that challenge what others may see as mundane and commonplace. The Dancing Moose Montessori classroom is filled with beautiful materials designed to teach concrete lessons that precede abstract conceptualization. The environment is conducive to freedom and spontaneity because ethics of peace, order, and respect are upheld in the classroom community."

Some people might think that the name is odd, but listen to why it's called Dancing Moose Montessori: "The name Dancing Moose Montessori School is connected to the founders' philosophical beliefs about curriculum. It emphasizes the creative lens that might be applied to nature. A moose, indigenous to Utah, may be seen simply as a long-legged rather awkward animal. For others, though, this magnificent animal moving swiftly through the wooded mountains might indeed be perceived as a dancing moose. DMMS encourages the creative, free-flowing ideas that individuals bring to the curriculum. Creative expression is applied to every aspect of the DMMS curriculum." 

 I'm so excited to start this journey!! I hope I'm taking the right path, I've worked so hard, and Grad school is just beginning...so it's going to be a long year :) I can't wait to make the most of it.

My Montessori Program really was the best. Here are some pictures:
What I love about Montessori's, are the materials; honestly, they're beautiful. Classrooms of Montessori's always are really.

OH, and today is my 8 month anniversary with my sweetie!! We're celebrating tomorrow though. He's the best.
This was a wedding, my friend Nicole's wedding, pictures I never posted (just a few):
All dressed up
My mom and cousin - mismatched twins!
Oh and other exciting news: WriteOnCon was a blast! I'm going to have a post about it on my writing blog in the next few days. But that's not the exciting part, I finally reached 30k on my novel. THAT'S A LOT, well for me. I'm on the path! Woo.

Now I'm off to a big fat Greek family dinner at Rio Grande Mexican food HA! :) Have a great night.

1 comment:

  1. The school looks great! Congrats on starting there. I love the whole "nature through a creative lens" concept.

    ReplyDelete