Thursday, August 9, 2012

My 2 Week Summer

It was almost a week ago that I finished summer school...too bad I start back up again September 11th through the whole year. Okay, no, that was negative...I'm really excited, but it's just a ton of work, plus adding on teaching. I cannot wait to start my first day as an Early Childhood Teacher! Yesterday I bought my Lesson Plan book and little pencils and erasers for my students. They can take them home, I am just the new teacher, so I wanted to say HELLO in a cute way :) 

I start the 20th, so that doesn't leave me a lot of time to enjoy summer. I have to get so much done in these two weeks (which I've been doing all this week), and it makes me a little sad I can't just lay out and swim everyday *sigh* oh well right? 
Least I had time to make cookies! SNICKERDOODLES yum :)
And I've been in a writing FLOW lately. I have up to 72 pages of my novel now. Go check out my writing blog for more details!
Me and my mom definitely had a summer BBQ the other night with cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, and THIS juicy red watermelon that was so pretty, I had to Instagram it of course. 
Tonight I'm going to go help my cousin teach Greek Dance practice to the middle schoolers. I'm excited, just hope I remember the steps...that was so long ago! But it'll be fun to give back. Between running errands, writing a ton, there are so many goodbye parties, birthdays, and well...Gracie's 1 year old birthday. Am I speaking of a child do you ask? Nope. Not even human. Gracie is my friend Steve's adorable Golden Retriever who I love!
LOOK HOW CUTE SHE WAS! Go Utes ;)
She's already one years old and this party is going to be awesome. Dogs are all invited, so Will is so excited to bring his cute Shane and Lucy. My cousin Nicole was trying to make a dog cake or something; I think I'll stick to cooking for the humans ha!

As I said, I've been writing like crazy and just in time for WriteOnCon. Well...somewhat in time. Usually you can find an agent or send a query at this time, but I'm not too close to being done. Haven't even finished my first draft of my novel yet - so I might have to just sit back and listen to interviews and meet other writers.
 However, for NaNoWriMo which in writing a novel in a month, is my new deadline. I'm going to have my first draft done by that point...it's my ultimate goal :) It ends at the end of November. So if I keep going the pace I'm going - well, I'll have no problem finishing it. You can follow this information more on The Written Word, my writing blog.

After all this 2 week summer talk, I must add that I simply cannot wait for fall to come (Autumn) as some people like to say. I love the weather, the changing of the leaves, the fashion, the holidays...ah everything! SO EXCITED. Well that's all for now; have a wonderful Thursday everyone. xo

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were writing a book! That's so exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup!! Thank you :) I've been working on this for almost two years - ah! So exciting.

      But I've been writing my entire life.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday Gracie! What a cutie. Good luck with your writing deadline goals! I can barely write a blog post let alone a novel so I'm in awe of you! Good for you :)

    www.25inmy25th.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete